Wednesday, September 16, 2009

{ First week of senior year }


Well, I've been having a hard time keeping up with this blog.

A. I wonder if anyone's really reading it?

B. We started classes this week and I've had homework...yuck.

C. There's so much to say, I don't know where to even begin!

Nevertheless, I will give it a go today. First of all, each day here seems to just get better and better. I LOVE everyone on the team, we have all bonded so quickly and I already feel like they're dear friends. We spend a lot of evenings having "tea" and being absolutely ridiculous. We have a new project...we're going to build a boat out of milk cartons...Erin (my new little sister :) ) is going to be the first one to brave a voyage on the raft. We're planning on trying it out in the lake first, then maybe taking it to the river. We've also been playing phase 10 a LOT...and having Disney movie nights. I love it.

Along with all the fun, we've of course been having class too. So far classes have been alright...pretty typical. The long syllabi are always effective in their initial intimidation. Tomorrow I am dreading Economics, but beyond excited about Irish Literature. Our classes are all three hours long, once a week...with tea breaks. :)

We're all fighting a cold, everyone's had ear aches, stuffy noses and sore throats. Sarah has us drinking several cups of airborne a day, garlic cloves, and peppermint tea. Today she even bought different flavors of airborne. Hip hip hooray.

Since my last posts we've been out and about quite a bit. We went to Giant's Causeway (one of the seven natural wonders of the world), a really cool rope bridge, and we went to the castle where the Queen stays when she visits and saw a very famous flutist, Sir Galloway play with a big orchestra and fireworks. It was cold, but fantastic. We've also been exploring Belfast every chance we get.

I love being here. It's only been a little over a week. I cannot wait to see what else this semester holds. Oh and do write...I love getting mail! - It's like a little piece of home. And we have the cutest little red post box at the end of the driveway.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you! What wonderful experiences. And thank you so much for the update. I've been dying for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just now finally checked your blog....oh, what fun pics and stories already! Been thinking of you and praying for you....I have a cold too...rite of passage for being in the classroom again! I'm drinking lots of tea concoctions as well but I'm sure yours are better! Flowers are so beautiful, trees, buildings...soak it all up....see God in fresh new, wonderful ways!!!

    ReplyDelete