Wednesday, October 7, 2009

{ oh, bliss }

I'm sorry it's been a little while since I blogged last. There's so much to say, it's hard to know where to begin. Today we traveled to W.B.Yeats' grave, and we saw a lot of the beautiful countryside as well. I love Ireland. I've been trying not to think about leaving. It will be incredibly hard. I could live here.

Some of my favorite things about being here...

1. Sheep everywhere. :)
2. Visiting places of inspiration for C.S. Lewis and other literary geniuses.
3. Dark chocolate digestives.
4. Castles along the roadway.
5. Everything is green and alive.
6. Taking a bus everywhere.
7. Student Union praise & worship Monday nights.
8. It doesn't feel like school.

...I could go on...but that's enough for today I think. :)

So this past weekend we had a "Top Chef" cooking challenge. We broke up into two teams and we had to make lunch and dinner, using cucumber in all the lunch dishes and ginger root in all the dinner dishes. It was a blast. Our team made sushi! We had never made it before and it turned out great! So yummy. We decorated the dining room with candles and we took the tables out and sat on cushions. The menu was lettuce wraps, chicken fried rice, sushi, and homemade ice cream sandwiches. It was a hit. Unfortunately we didn't win (our lunch wasn't as big of a success and the other team won more points there) but we had a lot of fun!

Speaking of fun. So...we sort of have a prank war going on in the house. I can't say much about it because some information is top secret...but let's just say...nutella and peanut butter go a long way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment